Thursday, August 20, 2009
Now I just have to learn how to use a sewing machine and borrow my moms :)
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
I've decided that I am going to make at least something for everyone in my family for Christmas this year. So I should start planning now so that I can get my ass in gear and start making some goodies as to not be so rushed come December (aka the month of hell, 3 birthdays
As my middle sister is likely the only person that reads my blog lol, I won't post what I'm making her. As for idea's for everyone else I'm drawing blanks..any suggestions?
- Mom:? Have to think on that one
- Dad: Likes photography- thinking of making him a photo album of things that he's interested in and then editing the pictures a bit on piknic
- Kiley: Likes scrapbooking..really I have no clue for her, we hardly talk
- Lindsay: Secret! ^-^
- Chris: Well I'm working on an afghan for him right now, that he knows about. I am going to make him some stenciled shirts, he's pretty easy to make stuff for and he's on the road a lot so I have ample time to make something for him.
- Blaine: (my brother in law)...no clue! He's so hard to buy for, let alone make anything for.
- Neices and Nephew: I want to make some of those easy "no sew" blankets that are made out of fleece I think, my mom made each one of them one a few years ago and they were a hit.
- O&O: my grandparents, I was thinking about making them a fleece blanket too, maybe also a photo album, they're both going to be 89 this year...so they basically have everything they need..ya know?
- Momma & Art: my grandmother and her bf: possibly something similar to my other grandparents
- Crystal: Sister-in-law, I have been working on a cross stitch pattern for her that I started in Oct or Nov last year and totally underestimated the time that it would take. Expecially since it is/was my first xstitch pattern. So, just need to finish that and get a frame
- Debbie: Mother-in-law...might do a betty boop xstitch pattern for her, she's a major fan! Also a nice no sew blanket (seeing a pattern here?)
- Lynn: Father-in-law: no clue...guys are hard to make stuff for.
That's it...so many people! Gawd!
Monday, August 17, 2009
I took some pics of the furniture in here, I'd like to cover them eventually...whenever I find fabric I like and learn how to do it.
Gator on the couch-ugly hide-a-bed covered with a blanket to hide the couch/contain the dog hair. I also need to learn how to sew! I want to make some cute pillow covers for the ugly pillows! I think learning to sew a pillowcase would be a fairly easy project.
Here's a chair that my neighbours were throwing out because the leg was broken on it...really comfy and it rocks...also needs a face lift!
Computer desk...still can see some clutter on both sides...I need to find a home for that stuff..mostly the bf's.
Close up of the cute stencils that I put on the wall today.
And, I finished the grocery bag yesterday..so here's some pics of the finished product.
I used Bernat 100% cotton yarn the color is "over the rainbow" very vibrant, awesome colors!
It's not too big, but the pattern claims that it will stretch from the weight of produce in it.
After posting these pics I really do need to learn how to upholstry..pretty much all my furniture with the exception of our bed has been hand-me-downs (which is fine) but they're all mismatched and outdated.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Tonight I crochetted a grocery produce bag- I've been wanting to make one for a while but have been busy making a bunch of other things. Now that I have a little bit of time I thought I'd fire one up! They're easy to make and work up rather quickly, but use a suprising amount of yarn..which is fine, maybe I can see my stash dwindle before my eyes!
I am not finished yet, but if anyone is interested here's the link to the pattern I got:
I modified it a little so far, instead of ch 7 for the handles I have ch 50. I wanted a really nice long handle that you can sling over your shoulder while you're shopping. I'll post some pics when it's finished.
Short but sweet post, off to bed. I have to get up at 6 for work tomorrow.